- It is a clearly defined element of work that can be started and completed WITHOUT interruption if all prerequisites are met before starting.
- The task description makes sense to anyone with basic trade knowledge aligning with how crews would actually be laid out in the field.
- When laying out a journey-level craftsperson in the field the task would not reasonably be broken into smaller tasks.
- Hours and costs to complete the task as estimated and as planned are known including what is remaining for field layout and installation after design in virtual construction and fabrication if applicable.
- ANYONE with reasonable trade knowledge would be able to QUICKLY assess the quantifiable status of the task during a job walk in terms of percent complete or estimated hours remaining to complete.
- The 6 Pillars of Productivity ONLY work if you have an effectively defined task.
- ABC Daily Planning ONLY works if you have an effectively defined task.
How effective is the tasking part of your project planning process?