Succession Advice Built From Experience
There is no single perfect solution for succession and there is an incredible difference between contractors in how effectively they manage the succession process. We have brought together the most relevant principles, strategies, tactics, and tools based on:
- Our individual experiences in the field and as contractors
- Lessons learned working with hundreds of contractors across the United States
- Experience of the many other experts in the construction industry and beyond
You will be remembered by how effectively you manage your succession. The most important objective of this training is that you pick out the ideas that will impact you and your team the most at this time and focus on executing them. Topics covered include:
- Dispelling the myth of the "One-Best-Way" for succession
- Drivers of accelerated retirement & succession rates
- 6 Common exit strategies for contractors
- 7 Major stakeholder groups
- 3 Critical facts to know about the limitations of any succession plan
- 9 Succession issues specific to contractors
- The basic financial dynamics including valuation, cash flow, and financing
- The 7 drivers of business value
- What to expect for a timeline
- Key risks for the buyer and the seller
- Organizational structures, ownership transitions, and leadership development
- Roles of investment bankers, brokers, and other third parties
- Private Equity and the construction industry
- Building your "Retirement Masterpiece"
- Developing your plan in phases
- Effectively selecting your third party advisors
What we will touch on but will not be covering in any detail:
- Specific transaction details including entity structure and contractual clauses
- Specific tax strategies
- Specific negotiation strategies and tactics
- Identification and courting of buyers or sellers
We work through these with our clients. This is just not the focus of this training.
The value of training cannot be measured by cost alone. It must be measured by the impact it has on your team and ultimately, the results produced. Depending on your situation, private training tailored specifically for your company may have the best return.
- Integration of metrics, terminology, pictures, projects, examples, and other specifics for your company and the markets you compete in.
- Group exercises designed to help with your biggest priorities.
- Integration of other content from across all of our training and development programs used with our retainer clients based on your specific needs.
- Delivery times from 1-4 hours, on-site or online.
- Follow-up sessions designed to ensure progress is being made.
- Development of a multi-part training program to accelerate development of your team.
Cost varies based on the level of tailoring, location, and scheduling. Please schedule a conversation to see if private training could be the best option for your company.