It’s too easy to frame things that happen as good or bad. Try to frame things simply as events and accept that you can choose to perceive them however you want.
- We know that physically we can’t get stronger or gain more endurance without pushing ourselves to failure then allowing ourselves time to rest and grow.
- We know that most great successes are born out of failure.
- We know that the process of troubleshooting something usually requires several failed attempts.
- We know that the process of building something new requires experimentation and failure.
- We know that the first attempts at a process improvement will likely fail.
- We know that it is a lot more enjoyable and productive to go through life with a positive attitude.
- We know that attitudes are contagious.
So, with all those things that we know why don’t we look at everything we currently perceive as ‘bad’ or a ‘failure’ as just one step closer to winning?
How would that shift our thinking?
Jocko Willink - ‘GOOD’