Perk (/pərk/) noun: Abbreviation of perquisite - money, goods, or other benefit to which one is ENTITLED as an employee or as a SHAREHOLDER of a company.
- What kind of vehicle can I get?
- What kind of expenses can I get reimbursed?
- What memberships can I get paid for?
- What travel and entertainment can I get as benefits?
- How much time can I take off?
- How big will my office be?
If these are the questions that come up, they are 100% the wrong level of questions.
The biggest “perk” to being an owner of a construction company is the opportunity for your money get a 20-35% annual rate of return versus the 8% or so that the market provides.
Owners who are focused on exploiting that single “perk,” viewing it more as a privilege, are the ones who will truly outperform in the long run.