Contractors that are growing profitably, have great reputations with their customers, and have a good culture are able to attract and retain the best talent even with the very real talent shortages the construction industry will face over the next 10+ years.
This is one of those major dichotomies that leaders face. You can’t grow without talent and you can’t attract talent without creating the right opportunities for career growth.
- Look back at your company’s growth over the last five years. How does it look?
- What are you projecting the next couple years?
- Look back at your profitability, cash, safety, and customer satisfaction trends during that same period. What trends do you see?
If these all look good and are increasing:
- How effectively are we promoting growth opportunities to candidates when we are marketing to them?
If these trends don’t look good:
- Are we going through a stage of growth that requires us to look at our business differently?
Sometimes, just talking to an unbiased and experienced third party can help clarify your thoughts. Contact us for a conversation.