How much time do you and your team spend exploring the broader context of our world?
- Bill Gates discussed this in his TED Talk in 2015
- Michael Osterholm dives deeper in his book Deadliest Enemy
How much time do you and your team spend sharing this information and deeply discussing the trends, threats, mitigation, and opportunities presented?
- “In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Have you looked at the last recession and how your company got through it?
- The overall industry employment fell by 28%. Did you do better or worse in terms of revenue, headcount, and profits?
- Remember that averages only tell part of the story.
- Many of our clients prepared well and grew through the recession.
What would you do differently next time to prepare?
- Next time could be next quarter.
- What markets will likely be impacted and over what time frame?
- What markets will likely be resilient or even grow?