- Delight the Customer: Your #1 predictor of sustainable growth is what percentage of your customers absolutely love and promote you.
- Generate Cash: You won’t be able to serve your customers if your whole team is not focused on every detail of improving cash flow.
- Make a Profit: Business is a game and profitable growth is part of the scorecard. Profits allow reinvestment in people, technology, tools, equipment and facilities that allow for continued growth.
- Zero Accidents: You can only take safety so far through rules and compliance. Truly safe environments must be created by cultural changes.
- Control Your Risk: Mitigating the downside risks on a project and the company as a whole requires a holistic approach and understanding the broader value stream starting with the design.
- Build With Quality: Quality at the craft level and adherence to building codes is the minimum. Quality in the eyes of the customer and other stakeholders is what is truly critical.
- Build Your Team: Everything good or bad that happens on a project comes down to talent. Building talent is not something that can be 100% delegated; it is a team sport.
Everyone on the project team owns a piece of each one of these. How clearly are your job descriptions aligned around achieving these objectives?