This is not meant to be a complete list but rather a starting point as you develop your own information systems both internally and externally to support strategic decisions and major resource allocations.
Financial Performance Benchmarks
- Moss Adams Construction Financial Analysis Report: Annual report of financial benchmarks for several different types, sizes, and geographical coverages of contractors.
- CFMA Financial Benchmarker: From the Construction Financial Management Association, this comes in both a report format and a tool that you can plug your own data into.
- Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Report: Covering many aspects of financing including mergers and acquisitions metrics.
- EBITDA Multiples by Industry (2023): Ranges based on key person turnover and growth by industry.
- JB Knowledge ConTech Report: The best starting place for all things related to construction technology including a great podcast at The ContTech Crew.
- Large construction technology companies like Procore often have broader outlooks on technology trends they share with the rest of the industry. Obviously, some of these have some biases built in that need to be understood.
- ENR Construction Cost Index: Details on the major drivers of construction costs.
- Gilbane Market Conditions & Supply Chain Report: Innovative way a leading contractor makes portions of their strategic information systems public for the broader industry. 2023-Q1 Report + Sign-Up Form.
We will continually update this list but it isn't practical or helpful to have an exhaustive list as it would be information overload. Please contact us to schedule time to talk about the specifics of your company, your current information decisions, and the decisions you are working to make. We will openly share anything we can to help.