This applies for your life, relationships, career, business, and sports.
If you do the following consistently for five years, without any expectation in return, I can nearly guarantee that you will see opportunities open for you that few have. After ten years, you will have opportunities that only one in a hundred people have. After twenty years, your life will be undeniably great.
- Commit to the job you are in and push your limits to do it better each day. Your competition is yourself.
- Seek out others who are better at the job than you and learn from them.
- Help others on the team learn the lessons that you have with the intention of helping them be better than you. You will become better by teaching.
- Educate yourself on the broader dynamics of the team you are on, the business, and the broader industry.
- Be humble about your progress. Remember that you are standing on the backs of giants. None of us matter solely on our own.
- Build relationships and invest heavily in them.
- When someone notices and chooses to invest in you by giving you more responsibility, remember what chances they are taking. Work your tail off to make them successful.
- Make sure you are running for the right reasons.
- Remember that failure is just momentary and a step toward success.
- Become Batman