This workshop will help explain the “Art of Business Development” and what you can do to maximize the processes you already have.
- Market Strategies for Profitable Growth
- Developing a Sales Process, Tools and Tactics
- Assessment of Your Business Development Team
- Leveraging the Business Developer Role
- Differentiate Your Company Through Advanced Preconstruction Services
- Winning Proposal and Interview Tactics
This program is ideal for all General Contractors wanting to improve. Training is tailored for mid-sized firms wanting to better complete with the large firms for larger projects, Large Firms wanting to improve their Business Development department, and the Emerging Contractors wanting to take the next step in growing their business.
This training program is also ideal for specialty contractors that regularly partner with their General Contractors or work directly with Project Owners in pursuing work.
Workshop Overview - Tailored Specifically for Your Company
1. Market Strategies for Profitable Growth
- Defining General Company Goals
- Assessment of Your Current Capabilities, Clients and Markets
- Identify New Markets and Geographic Growth Trends
- Understanding Your Competitive Landscape
- Talent and Recruitment as a Competitive Advantage
Build a marketing message and collateral that opens doors.
2. Developing a Sales Process, Tools and Tactics
Leverage your CRM system for results.
3. Assessing the Business Development Capabilities of Your Whole Team
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Effective Integration With Preconstruction, Estimating and Operations
- Balance of Workload for Seller-Doers
- Measurable Outcome Based Job Descriptions
- Team Experience for Proposals Related to Your Market Strategy
- Interview Skills for the Estimating and Operations Team
- Recruiting the Right Talent If Necessary
4. Leveraging the Business Developer Role
- The DNA of a Good Business Developer
- Tailoring a Business Development Model that Works for Your Team and Markets
5. Differentiation Through Preconstruction Services
- From Napkin to Nails — The Preconstruction Process
- Building the Ideal Preconstruction Team
- Conceptual Estimating Strategies, Tools and Tactics
- Selling the Value of Your Preconstruction Services
6. Developing Winning Proposals and Interview Strategies
- Proposal Formats and Content
- Summarizing Project Schedules and Technical Details
- Presenting Competitive Advantages
- Presentation Training, Preparation and Coaching
- The Follow-Up Process
Working with D. Brown Management is like having a team of very well-rounded executives working closely with you to solve a variety of business problems on an as-needed basis.