We work “Mach 5 with our hair on fire” for decades, putting in 50-90 hours per week. We love the industry and want to stay involved.
You can retire from the business without retiring from the industry. Your expertise and passion can continue to bring advancement to the industry in many ways. A successful Retirement Masterpiece could include any of the following:
- Become a board member for another company in the business. Leverage prior relationships with GCs and subcontractors to help them move their company forward.
- Become a member of an association that serves the industry. There are associations for subcontractors, general contractors, women owned, veteran owned, small business, local business, and many other types of contractors. Get involved to help with legislative efforts on a local, regional, or national level.
- Become an adjunct faculty member or a guest expert lecturer at a local college or university. Turn your past experience and expertise into classroom exercises and lectures.
- Become an expert witness.
- Become a consultant. Work with a diverse number of contractors, helping them to achieve success and prepare their organization for the next generation.
This is Part 5 of a 15-Part Series
Topics Covered in the Series Include:
- Future Vision for Your Company
- Where to Turn for a Helping Hand
- Post-Retirement Business Involvement
- Our Involvement
Interested in learning more? Contact us.