- The best players want to play for the best teams. Look at sports teams. Business is no different.
- The best players want to play with other great players because that is what makes them better. This is why talent differentiation matters.
- As Jack Stack describes in “The Great Game of Business” people will disagree about many things but EVERYONE loves winning.
- When you start winning in the market and sharing that broadly you will attract talent. Winning for contractors means building great projects - make it fun and your team will help you share.
- As Jim Collins describes in “Good to Great” winning is about getting the right people on the bus.
It’s a continuous improvement cycle where you find a way for your current team to win. Celebrate and share that win. Attract more great talent to your team. Win some more. Watch your scoreboard improve. Repeat for Sustainable Growth.